Unwind and enjoy beautiful Barnsdall Park as the sun is setting from the gated green of the West Lawn of the historic Hollyhock House. For $30, Silverlake Wine will present four selections of boutique, small production, artisan wines from around the globe and you’ll get to take home a limited edition wine glass! Bring a picnic or enjoy food from one of LA’s best food trucks. Local artisanal food purveyor SayCheese will be offering guests an array of picnic baskets, available for pre-order. With the recent reopening of Frank Lloyd Wright’s iconic Hollyhock House, one of the nice new features of this year’s fundraiser will be docent-led tours of the house for an additional $12. Friday Night Wine Tastings have been featured in LA Magazine, LA Times, LA Weekly, LA Daily News, LAist and KCRW.
All profits from the wine tastings benefit Barnsdall Art Park Foundation programs and projects, such as Free Sunday Art Classes for children and families in the community, as well as capital projects like the Monument Sign.
We are excited to be celebrating our 7th season! Support Barnsdall Art Park by becoming a member. Membership has great benefits including the ability to purchase tickets at the door/gate for any foundation sponsored event (with your membership card, up to 4 tickets) as well as discounted admission fees for a few special events – I.e. Private gallery openings, Croquet & Champagne Brunches, etc. As a thank you, all memberships include a gift from us to you of “Golden Tickets” (number of tickets is based on the membership level purchased). A Golden Ticket admits one person to any single event during the Foundation’s event season. No reservation is required and it can be used at a sold out event. Golden Tickets are transferable, so consider using them as a gift to a friend! Please note, new membership will not be immediately available for the current week’s event. Please allow 7-10 days for our team to process new memberships. Membership is not transferable.
Bring a picnic! You are welcome to bring your own food, soft drinks, and a blanket; however, NO outside alcoholic beverages will be permitted. We also have a weekly rotation of the best food trucks in Los Angeles attending! The deadline to order your Say Cheese Picnic Basket is 11pm the evening before the event.
With the recent reopening of Frank Lloyd Wright’s iconic Hollyhock House, you’ll have the option of taking docent-led tours of the house for an additional $12.
Free parking is available at the top and bottom of Barnsdall Art Park. Handicap parking is available at the top. There are many off-site parking options surrounding Barnsdall, see map below. You can also get here via Metro or Bus to the Vermont/Sunset red line station. We of course encourage walking, biking, carpooling, taxis, and rideshares! Keep in mind there may be multiple events happening the night of the event, please plan your arrival time accordingly.
- Tickets are available online only. All sales will be closed one hour prior to the event.
- There will not be tickets for sale at the door.
- No refunds. In the event of weather or event cancellation, a rain check will be provided for the next Barnsdall Friday.
- Due to security and occupancy requirements, children over the age of 3 require tickets ($5) to attend.
- Valid Photo ID is required to partake in the tasting.
- No one under the age of 21 will be permitted to consume alcohol.
- NO outside alcoholic beverages will be permitted.
- Only service dogs are permitted inside of the gated West Lawn where the wine tastings take place. Dogs and animals are permitted on leash in the general park areas right outside the West Lawn, however wine is not. We strongly suggest you do not bring your dog if you will be attending.
- Ten (10) ticket maximum per order.
- New Membership Golden Tickets will not be immediately available for the current week’s event. Please allow 7-10 days processing time for new memberships.