- extended the free opening hours for Doris Duke’s Shangri La: Architecture, Landsape and Islamic Art and Shangri La Imagined Cities exhibitions, enabling more than 1,400 additional visitors across nine weeks.
- secured the improvements to LAMAG necessary for the handling of more large-scale exhibitions such as Doris Duke / Imagined Cities
- recruited a professional Director to guide future development of the Foundation
- funded Barnsdall Art Center’s new computer and projector set-up for use in teaching digital arts
- held free Sunday morning art workshops, inspiring 2,245 children – and counting with innovative introductions to a world of art-making.
As we look forward to the opening of Hollyhock House in spring, our attention has been focused on preparing this unique architectural treasure to take its place on the world stage. Your generosity let us:
- work with a master craftsman to accurately recreate Hollyhock House’s hardwood kitchen countertops
- assist with the refurbishment and continued care of the inner courtyard garden by specialist horticulturists
- produce room guides for HH’s opening self-guided tours
- support Hollyhock House’s application for UNESCO World Heritage status
- commission the Historic Structure Report that is the first key stage in the restoration of the Motor Court, with its plantings, water features and pet pergola
Our volunteer Board works tirelessly “to nurture the legacy of Barnsdall Art Park as a dynamic and vibrant artistic, cultural and recreational destination for Los Angeles and the world.” But we rely on your financial support to make this mission a reality.
Please generously donate to our annual appeal and secure the future of this remarkable place for generations to come.
Mark R. Edwards
President, Barnsdall Art Park Foundation
Questions? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you very much, we appreciate your support!